August 31 is Non-insured Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) Deadline

The application closing date deadline for the Noninsured Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) is approaching for the following crops: alfalfa for forage, mixed forages for grazing that include a small grain, small grains (wheat, barley, oats, rye, triticale) for forage and grazing, cool season grasses for grazing, canola, rapeseed, Christmas trees, clover for grazing. If you intend to plant or are thinking of planting any of the crops listed above and want NAP coverage for possible weather-related disasters, you must make application and pay the required fees by August 31 st .

NAP coverage is available for crops and commodities for which crop insurance is not available. NAP covers 50 percent of the producer's expected production at a payment rate equal to 55 percent of the crop's average market price.

Producers purchasing NAP coverage for 2006 must report loss conditions in a timely manner. The loss notification must be filed on Form CCC-576, part B must be filed for each crop and type, or variety, as applicable, within 15 days of the date when the loss becomes apparent to you . It is important for producers to report their losses to the FSA office when the loss becomes apparent, not weeks or possibly months after the loss occurred. If you do not report your losses timely, you may be ineligible for NAP loss benefits.

After a loss is reported to the FSA office, an adjuster will be scheduled to document each loss condition as it occurs. A crop could potentially have different and separate loss conditions occurring in the same crop year, for example: hail, drought, excessive heat, excessive rain, and freeze damage are a few. In addition to documenting the disaster condition, appraisals and/or post-harvest inspections may be needed to document losses.

NAP benefits are based on a producer's individual crop loss. To be eligible for assistance, applicants must pay a nonrefundable administrative fee of $100 per crop, per county. Fees are capped at $300 per county not to exceed $900 for farmers with interest in multiple counties. If a loss occurs, producers must notify FSA within 15 days of the date of disaster/loss.

For more information on the program please contact the Cimarron County Farm Service Agency at 580-544-2401 Ext. 2.

Boise City News
P.O. Box 278
105 W. Main Street
Boise City, Oklahoma 73933-0278
Phone: 580 544-2222
Fax: 580 544-3281
site maintained by, Inc.